All I can say is WOW! Today's webcast attendees were treated to some inspiring examples of how XPages can be used in incredibly practical and important ways. Our main speakers were community members Sam Bridegroom and Abby Butts, who explained the various ways that they have developed XPages applications for a non-profit healthcare system in Indiana to: 1) enhance patient care, 2) improve staff communication, and 3) integrate existing disparate systems. Especially impressive was how much money they were able to save the organization by using XPages! Whether you're a seasoned XPages developer, or just getting started, you owe it to yourself to review what they've accomplished. Sam and Abby were also very complimentary of the OpenNTF community who have been an invaluable resource to them over the last few years. Speaking of OpenNTF, I must give a big thanks to IBM Champion Paul Withers who was our community member spotlight and shared a quick update on a community-driven project called org.openntf.domino.
Below are links that were mentioned during the community news section, links to download associated webcast replay files as well as a video timeline so that you can pinpoint any portion of the video you'd like to view. Next month's webcast topic will center around mobilizing the web experience. Once I finalize the speakers, I'll post invitations to SocialBizUG.org with webcast registration information, but feel free to get a head start and register for the May 28th meeting now: https://events.na.collabserv.com/register.php?id=2a023a0563&l=en-US.
Community news highlights
- IDC names IBM market leader in social software for 4th year in a row!
New on SocialBizUG.org
- Jesse Gallagher posted tips on using Java in XPages apps
- Richard Shasanya shares his take on social business adoption in Nigeria
- Great new articles by Chris Miller, Kathy Brown and Tom Duff
- New user group: Arbeitskreis Portal Community
- It's XPages month! Share XPages tips, including what resources are most valuable to you
- Reminder: Download IBM Connect Content at http://bit.ly/ibmconnect2013
- IBM Impact Conference: April 28-May 2, Las Vegas NV
- The View conference - Developer2013: April 30-May 2, Las Vegas, NV
- IamLUG: May 6-7, St. Louis, MO
- Appathon – XPages and IBM Connections app dev contests with $10K in prizes! Submit by June 23rd
- May 15th broadcast: Creating a Smarter Workforce http://bit.ly/17SHCgr
- Welcome and Community news (00:00 - 10:00)
Community member spotlight (10:00 - 15:00)
- Paul Withers, Intec Systems, Ltd.
- Special Topic: XPages: A Remedy for the Healthcare Industry (15:00 - 01:02:20)
About the webcasts
IBM Collaboration Solutions Community webcasts are opportunities for those who are passionate about social business and IBM Collaboration Solutions to connect and share information with each other. Topics include product presentations, community news, social business best practices, and community member spotlights. You can view all replays on our community webcast playlist on YouTube.
You may also be interested in...
A development platform delivering greater ROI
In this thought leadership white paper, discover the six leading-edge capabilities and versatile tools needed to help ensure an accelerated return on investment and time to value for an application development environment.
Download Lotus Domino Designer software at no charge
Join the leaders! The expansive Lotus Notes and Domino developer network of vast insight and expertise - over 280,000 developers strong, and with over 10 million Lotus Notes applications.